The Intervention Process
- This plan will include assessing the situation, making several treatment program suggestions and guiding you through the entire intervention process.
- We will connect you with the most appropriate resources to help the person struggling make the choices needed to move from the active disease of addiction into an effective and supportive treatment experience.
- We know every family, company, and situation is different making each intervention unique. Below is an example of what the process could look like. The crisis intervention process due to the threat of imminent danger, death or psychiatric emergency and due to the urgency of the situation is an accelerated process.
Assessment & Coordination
- We will work with the key family members to determine the best time and place for a successful meeting.
- Members of the intervention network will understand their role prior to the family meeting/intervention.
- Your intervention network (family, friends, coworkers) will make every decision. That eliminates your addicted loved ones ability to pressure anyone one-on-one and undermine the process. This ends the cycle of shame, blame and guilt for the individuals involved. Because everyone will be working as a united front.
- Together, we will compile a complete review of physical and mental health, current lifestyle circumstances, chemical dependency status and other addictive behaviors. Along with educational and vocational history, financial considerations and legal concerns. This includes a complete list of drugs; prescribed and other, and alcohol currently being used, other addictive behaviors, educational and vocational history, financial considerations and legal concerns.
- Your loved one’s addiction will be examined, discussed, and processed prior to the intervention. We do this to clarify any concerns or considerations your loved one might have. Concerns which would detract from the primary focus of the intervention. That includes factors such as employment situations, family needs, financial obligations and scheduling problems.
- We will prepare your group by helping you get your eyewitness accounts in order and ready to share with your loved one. Presenting your stories and concerns as a group is more effective than one on one confrontation. There really is strength in numbers. The truth will be delivered with love and purpose.
- We will communicate with the treatment center regarding the clinical aspects of your loved one’s history to provide an efficient admission.
- Finally we will discuss with the designated escort team the logistics of delivering your loved one to treatment.
- Ultimately our goal is that he/she will seek immediate treatment that day.
- Most importantly, we remain flexible for any unexpected changes.
Post-Intervention – Continuing Care Shari will debrief with the group after the intervention is complete.
- She will interact with the treatment team at the facility to ensure patient is participating in the master treatment plan.
- While the AI is in treatment Shari will continue to follow up with you on a weekly basis. The network of intervention participants will continue to act as a Board of Directors. So no one makes decisions one-on-one with the addicted individual
- Ultimately, the recovery process is not just for the AI. The entire network will make a commitment to the process of recovery. That will include addiction education, therapy (if appropriate), and weekly follow up with your network. This ensures personal growth, behavioral changes, and continuing communication for the addicted individual and family to lessens the chance of relapse. When appropriate we will provide referrals for individual, couples and family therapy.
- Finally, Inspire Interventions will collaborate with the addicted individual, the treatment center, and your intervention network to ensure treatment completion, relapse prevention, and the resolution of grief, codependency and other issues at the root of the addictive disease.
Please call for more information, at no obligation, and let’s figure out a way to help those you love find recovery, so your family can begin to heal, reconnect and communicate in a healthy way. Our number is (855) 694-6734.
All aspects of the intervention are completely confidential.
Inspire Interventions does not receive referral fees from any treatment center. We are committed to making interventions accessible, affordable and to upholding the high ethical standards of the Association of Intervention Specialists.